Hi! I am a four-year Ph.D. student at the Computer Science Department of UIUC, under the supervision of Prof. Jiawei Han. I am broadly interested in machine learning and data mining. My current research focuses on developing intelligent systems for modeling people’s activities in the physical world from massive space and time-coupled social media.
- [2017.05] Serving on the PC of the 1st International Workshop on Social Media Analytics for Smart Cities @ CIKM 2017. Please consider submitting: CFP is here.
- [2017.05] Two papers accepted by KDD 2017. One is about local event detection based on multimodal embedding, and the other is about POI recommendation with deep neural networks.
- [2017.04] One paper about online multimodal embedding is accepted by SIGIR 2017. See you in Tokyo!
- [2017.04] Will travel to San Diego for ICDE 2017 (April 18-22) and give a tutorial on mining semantics-rich spatiotemporal data.
- [2017.04] Visiting the U.S. Army Research Lab during April and May.
- [2017.04] Traveling to the WWW 2017 conference during April 1-8, see you in Perth!
- [2016.12] Our paper on urban dynamics modeling is accepted by WWW 2017. We propose a novel cross-modal representation learning approach for revealing people’s typical activities in different regions and periods. Code and data will be available soon!
- [2016.10] One paper on discovering periodical movement patterns from social media is accepted by WSDM 2017.
- [2016.08] Traveling to KDD 2016 in San Francisco, will share our work on mobility modeling from sparse observations.
- [2016.05] Will be interning at the Feeds Ranking Team at Facebook from May to August.